Supervisory Development Trainer
Classification: Education Consultant
Part-Time Term Position: February 27, 2017 to March 24, 2017 (Maximum 65 hours) Eligibility Lists will also be developed for future training needs
Swan River, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North requires a Supervisory Development Trainer in Swan River for a period of 5 days over 3 weeks to deliver the workshops noted below:
UC.EXT.1210 The Supervisor as a Leader: 6 hours
UC.EXT.1211 Communications in the Workplace: 3 hours
UC.EXT.1212 Written Communications in the Workplace: 3 hours
UC.EXT.1213 Effective Workplace Meetings: 3 hours
UC.EXT.1214 Resolving Workplace Conflicts: 3 hours
UC.EXT.1215 Effective Delegation in the Workplace: 3 hours
UC.EXT.1216 Human Resources Practices in the Workplace: 3 hours
UC.EXT.1217 Workplace Planning: 3 hours
UC.EXT.1219 Using Workplace Documents: 3 hours
- Combination of education and experience related to management/supervision/team leadership An experienced trainer having worked with adult learners
- Proven ability to communicate in a culturally appropriate and effective manner with the diverse people of northern Manitoba
- Excellent self-management skills Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated high degree of confidentiality Effective use of information technology
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture are required
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Experience with post-secondary training and institutions in Manitoba
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé and references with their application.
- Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
||February 20, 2017
||$31.40 to $39.29 hourly
||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: [email protected] (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.